Friday 14 December 2012

Thou art my Saviour...

So Mundane I am, the thought crossed my mind,

The image in the mirror irked me to tears…

Wrinkled face, freckled and tanned skin,

Once it glowed like ‘The morning Sun’…


Thoughts are lost, so am I into them,

Diving deep into the palpable dreams of mine…

Slumbered and inebriated with suffocating pain,

Here I stand alone again startled and agape…


I notice none, only a shadow gazing with despise,

Shadow it isn’t, a personification of my dreams...

A charmer, an allurer, with its open arms,

How I wish to chase it and loose myself free…


A knock on the door and my dream shatters,

You pull me out as I Fein to drown more…

You caress my wrinkled skin, stare into my blank eyes,

Every touch of yours makes me come alive…


Waking up from my dreams, the everlasting love I retrieve,

Your arms are the place where my desires breathe…

Shadow was nothing but a lie, a myth, a traitor,

It’s you my love and, Thou art my Saviour

 

2 comments: